NEW GRANT FUND AVAILABLE
New grant scheme to support capital projects within the Parish of Aldenham
The CIL Community Capital Grants
Following the Finance and & General Purpose meeting on 29 June 2020, Aldenham Parish Council is pleased to announce a new grant scheme for local voluntary organisations and community groups to help fund capital projects within the Parish.
Aldenham Parish Council has set aside funding from the Community Infrastructure Levy to invest in the local community. Grants from £1,000 to £20,000 are available for applications for capital spending. However, core organisational costs such as salaries, rent or utilities will not be eligible.
Applications will be considered twice a year (October and January) at the meetings of the Finance and General Purpose Committee (F&GP).
Deadlines for receipt of applications are as follows:
- 2 October 2020
- 23 December 2021
CRITERIA FOR APPLYING
Grants will normally be given only for schemes that meet the following criteria:
- Projects and schemes must serve the area within the civil boundary of Aldenham
- Projects and schemes that show a clear benefit to Parish residents and businesses
- The application should estimate the number of individuals whom will benefit from an allocation.
- The funding isn’t available for a project that has already been completed.
- The funding is for applications between £1,000 to a maximum of £20,000
- The project must be achievable within the funding timescales, but no longer than 5 years.
- Does not require on-going revenue funding from Aldenham Parish Council and has sound business planning in place if there is ongoing revenue requirement such as maintenance.
- A Project must be run by a local voluntary organisation, community group, social enterprise – not individuals or businesses
- The project has long-term impact. Applications for capital spending will be considered, but core organisational costs such as salaries, rent or utilities will not be eligible.
- If match funding is available from other sources this should be detailed.
Grant applications from organisations will only be considered when accompanied by at least one of the following:
- Audited accounts.
- Accounts that have been subjected to independent inspection as required by the Charities Act or, where the organisation is newly formed, a case for funding including supporting evidence of fund raising efforts.
- Project business plan.
Aldenham Parish Council