- Notice is hereby given that a casual vacancy exists on Aldenham Parish Council – Aldenham East Ward due to the resignation of Councillor Przemek De-Skuba.
- An election to fill the vacancy will be held within 60 days from the date of this notice if a written request is received by the Proper Officer from ten electors for the Parish ward*. This request must be received within 14 days after the date of this notice i.e. Tuesday 26th January 2021 – computed in accordance with the Local Elections (Parishes and Communities) Rules 2006.
- Due to the current Covid 19 restrictions, signatures can be submitted by email to email@example.com. Signatures are not required to be submitted together.
- The Address of the Proper Officer is:
Hertsmere Borough Council, Civic Offices, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, Herts, WD6 1WA
- If no such request is received the Parish Council will fill the vacancy by co‑option.
Dated: 6th January 2021
Peter Evans, Parish Manager to Aldenham Parish Council
*Due to the current Covid 19 Pandemic, emergency legislation has been passed postponing elections and referendums that would take place between the date the act was passed (25th March 2020) and 5th May 2021. More information can be found under sections 59 – 63 of the Coronavirus Act 2020.
If requested a by election will take place on 6th May 2021.