Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I find out about roadwork’s near me?
To find out about roadwork’s or road closures near you, please visit

How do I report a pothole?
To report a street light, pothole, or other problem on roads, pavements or footpaths, please use Hertfordshire County Council’s online fault reporting system or telephone 0300 123 4047

How do I apply for a Bus Pass or Disability Parking badge?
For information on bus passes and blue badges, please visit Hertfordshire County Council’s website or call 0300 123 4042

If you want to apply for a bus pass you can pick up an application form at our offices; 1st Floor The Radlett Centre, 1 Aldenham Avenue, Radlett, WD7 8HL

If your bus pass is due for renewal you will be contacted by Hertfordshire County Council as long as they have your current contact details. If you bus pass has expired and you have not been contacted, please call the Concessionary Travel Team on 0300 123 4050.

If you want to apply for a blue badge in Hertfordshire, you can apply online or by post.

If you need to replace a lost, stolen or damaged blue badge, please visit

If you need to change a name or address on a blue badge, click here.

To return a blue badge please send to;

Hertfordshire Blue Badge Team,

PO Box 153,



How do I register to vote?
You can register to vote at

Which council does what?
Hertsmere Borough Council contacts;

Council switchboard: 0208 207 2277

Emergencies – Out of Hours: 0845 300 0021

Waste Services: 0208 207 7480

Tree contacts: 0208 207 7519

Anti Social Behaviour: 01727 796646

To report nuisance motorcycles in parks and open spaces: 0208 207 7553

Benefits: 0208 207 7404

Council Tax: 0208 207 7407

Housing: 0208 207 7420

Leisure: 0208 386 4044

Planning: 0208 207 2277


Hertfordshire County Council contacts

General Enquiries: 0300 123 4040

Hertfordshire Highways: 0300 123 4047 (report a road, footpath or streetlight fault / roadworks information)

Adult health and social care: 0300 123 4042

Bus Passes: 0300 123 4050

Blue Badge (disabled person’s parking permit): 0300 123 4042

Children’s Services social care: 0300 123 4043

Driving Courses: 0300 123 4035

Fire safety enquiries: 0300 123 4046

Libraries: 0300 123 4049

Planning enquirie (HCC only deals with planning relating to minerals and waste, schools, fire stations & new roads): 01992 556266

Registrations (births, deaths, marriages, civil partnerships & nationality checking services): 0300 123 4045

Waste & Recycling: 0300 123 4051