Aldenham Parish Council (APC) is continuing to progress with the Phillimore Recreation Ground improvements. This project has four phases:
- In relation to Phase 1, APC carried out a consultation in Autumn 2021. Since then, we have been working with the project manager to respond to some of the concerns raised by residents. The planned built area has been reduced and the path connecting the café to the multi- use games area and public toilets has been relocated to inside the community wood, to the side of the proposed café. This will have the effect of reducing the amount of hardstanding that is being introduced onto the main grassed field.
- The plans above were approved by APC Full Council on 28 September 2022, and an application for planning permission has been submitted to Hertsmere Borough Council. If permission is granted, then the next step will be to draw up tenders for operators to provide the catering facility as well as contractors to build the café.
- 05/01/2023 – Aldenham Parish Council has received notice from Hertsmere Borough Council that the plans submitted late in 2022 have been APPROVED.
Aldenham Parish Council is now reviewing the costs and will then
- Look to propare the land for construction, which will include site investigations and the movement of three trees form their current location by the depot building to supplement the avenue of trees alongside the public footpath.
Formation of a design team
- Tender contracts to provide catering facilities within the premises (this person will also become part of the design team to fit out the final building).
- Tender for civil engineers, structural engineers, drainage experts, M&E, to help with the final design and build of the building.
This will then form the tender to construct the cafe later in 2023.
In relation to Phase 2, an architect, IID, has been appointed to draw up plans for improvements which will be shared with residents, in due course.
This working party will look at:
- Obtain and review a survey to users, schools and community groups on what they like about the play area and where it can be improved.
- Taking the survey into account the working party will work with local play manufacturers to see what can be achieved within a budget of £100,000 and produce alternate schemes that incorporate the initial ideas plus enhancements that would improve the experience of those visiting the play area.
- This to be then recommended to the council
- The overriding feature is to make the children’s play area as accessible to all as possible.
Please click the drop downs below to view;
click here to view full plans at Hertsmere Borough Council (search for application number 22/1702/FUL, and make comments)
PHILLIMORE RECREATION GROUND IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT PHASE 1 – TO INSTALL A PERMANENT STRUCTURE PROVIDING A CAFÉ TO THOSE VISITING THE RECREATION GROUND
FOLLOWING THE ALDENHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING ON 27th SEPTEMBER WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT A PUBLIC CONSULTATION
WILL TAKE PLACE FROM 4th OCTOBER 2021 UNTIL 1st NOVEMBER 2021
Display Boards will also be on show at The Radlett Centre and at The Phillimore Recreation Ground.
YOU ARE ALSO INVITED TO MEET THE ARCHITECTS AND COUNCILLORS IN PERSON ON MONDAY 11th OCTOBER
FROM 10.00AM-MIDDAY AND FROM 6.00PM-8.00PM
THE RADLETT CENTRE
THIS WILL GIVE YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO DISCUSS THE PROJECT IN MORE DETAIL AND GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK
IF YOU CANNOT MAKE THAT DATE, THEN PLEASE SEND IN YOUR COMMENTS VIA EMAIL TO:
IT IS 100 YEARS SINCE THE PHILLIMORE RECREATION GROUND WAS GIVEN OVER TO THE PARISH COUNCIL FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE COMMUNITY
IF APPROVED THIS NEW FACILITY AT THE REC. PROMISES TO BE A SPECIAL PLACE
FOR GENERATIONS TO COME