Enso Energy, has taken the opportunity to assess the design of Hilfield Solar Farm and see how they could improve the design of the scheme, or include additional screening to respond to resident concerns.
Our updated scheme design
Enso Energy would like to thank local residents for engaging in the pre submission consultation process.
In response to the feedback we received, we have updated the proposed design of the site to address a number of the issues raised. Where possible we have taken onboard the feedback and concerns of local residents and have made important changes. Notably we have reduced the area of solar panels on the site by 9.6 hectares or approximately 10% to increase the distance of the scheme from neighbouring properties.
In addition to reducing the area of the panels, the new design also offers:
- Over 7.5ha of grassland and wildflower planting
- 6.7ha of low intervention skylark habitat
- 2ha of parkland
- 2 nature areas
- 0.7ha of orchard
- 430m of permissive path linking to the Hertfordshire Way
- 2.4km of green corridor
An annotated image of the revised scheme design, which contains detail of all the changes made can be downloaded below
Do you want to help FareShare and buy a good Christmas present – purchase ‘School’s Out Comedy club ‘book at £6.99 price of which at least £1.00 will be donated to Fare Share and provide 4 meals.
Following the recent COVID lockdown, the Museum will reopen at 10am on Saturday 5 December. It will close for the festive break from Saturday 19 December (after that day’s opening) and reopen again at 10am on Saturday 16 January.
Regular opening hours are 10 to 12 am on Wednesdays and Saturdays and you will find us behind the Radlett Village Institute at 413 Watling Street, Radlett, WD7 &JG. Parking is available on site and the building is wheelchair accessible.
Full COVID guidelines (face masks, hand sanitisers, social distancing, etc) will be operated. Until COVID restrictions are lifted, visitor numbers will be limited to four at any one time.
Please do come and visit us and also check out our website – www.radlettmuseum.com
A new Mayor of Hertsmere has been sworn in following the sad death of the previous incumbent, Councillor Cynthia Barker.
The mayoral chains have been passed back to Councillor Alan Plancey, who will remain in post until the end of this Mayoral year in May 2021. Cllr Plancey was Mayor from May 2019 until June, when Cllr Barker was sworn in. Cllr Barker died four months later after a short period of illness.
Aldenham Parish Council value resident’s opinion and we would like improve how we communicate with you.
For many years, Aldenham Parish Council (APC) produced a parish magazine, ‘Around Radlett’ but during pandemic an online newsletter was launched.
In order to establish which form of communication would be preferable, please take a few minutes to fill out our survey https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/NQH6WX2.
Decorating your house for the festive season?
Or putting a wreath on your front door?
Why not send us a photo for our new website!
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to sharing them with you soon
Remembrance Sunday organisers are urging people to observe the two-minute silence at home as new national restrictions come into force in the ongoing battle against Covid-19.
Very important consultations you need to be aware of regarding Luton Airport, please read and respond
There are two consultation currently being run by Luton Airport :
1) URGENT, deadline 11th Nov: Pre-consultation on proposals to expand to 19 million passengers, which also includes setting aside the noise contour limit
– for the Airport’s information, see http://www.luton19mppa.info/
– for guidance from the LADACAN anti-noise group, see https://ladacan.org/consultation-on-19-million-passengers/
2) Deadline 5th Feb: Consultation on arrivals flight path changes, which will have an impact on communities north-east, north and north-west of the Airport
– for the Airport’s information, see https://consultations.airspacechange.co.uk/london-luton-airport/ad6_luton_arrivals/
– for guidance from the LADACAN anti-noise group, see https://ladacan.org/consultation-on-arrivals-flight-paths/