Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer

Council News

Radlett Gardens

20/4 UPDATE – All works have now been carried out by Thames Water and the site has been cleaned.

UPDATE – For the last 4 nights Thames Water have said they will carry out the works out of hours but have failed to attend. Case number; 00342624

🚨We are aware of the current situation at Radlett Gardens where fluid is leaking from a blocked drain. This has been reported and Thames Water are dealing with this as a matter of urgency. If you need to speak to Thames Water please call 0800 316 9800. Thank you for your patience.🚨

Strategic Rail Terminal

Aldenham Parish Council is very concerned regarding the proposals by Herts County Council to sell land to the developers of the Strategic Rail Terminal on the former Radlett Aerodrome. The attached letter has been sent to the Council as well as the local MP Oliver Dowden asking them to reconsider their decision.

Click here to view letter

Hertsmere residents need photo ID to vote at elections in May

Voter ID

The UK Government has introduced a requirement for voters to show photo ID when voting at a polling station at some elections. This new requirement will apply for the first time in England at the local elections on Thursday 4 May 2023.

Which forms of ID can I use to vote?

You may already have a form of photo ID that is acceptable.  You can use any of the following:

•           Passport

•           Driving licence (including provisional license)

•           Blue badge

•           Certain concessionary travel cards

•           Identity card with PASS mark (Proof of Age Standards Scheme)

•           Biometric Immigration document

•           Defence identity card

•           Certain national identity cards

For more information on which forms of photo ID will be accepted, visit or call their helpline on 0800 328 0280.

If you don’t have an accepted form photo ID

If you don’t already have an accepted form of photo ID, or you’re not sure whether your photo ID still looks like you, you can apply for a free voter ID document, known as a Voter Authority Certificate. You can apply for this at

Alternatively, you can complete a paper application form and send this to the electoral services team at your local council.

If you need any help with applying for a Voter Authority Certificate or want to request an application form, contact your local council. To find their contact details visit

Find out more

If you have any questions or would like to find out more, go to, or call their helpline on 0800 328 0280.

Notification of works to trees in Aldenham Green, Letchmore Heath, Cobden Hill, Wellhouse Dell & Scrubbitts Wood

Aldenham Parish Council tree contractors, Longacre, are scheduled to carry out works to some of the trees in these areas week commencing 9 January 2023.

This is a result of the arboricultural surverys carried out by the Council as part of the maintenance and sustainability programme.

There will be barriers in place, but please keep any dogs on leads and supervise children.

We thank you for your patience and assistance.